A MESSAGE FROM CONGRESSMAN STENY H. HOYER
Today I brought to the House Floor the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act. This important legislation will strengthen the Affordable Care Act, and ensure more Marylanders have access to quality, affordable health care.
H.R. 1425, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Enhancement Act would:
- Lower prescription drug and health care costs;
- Strengthen protections for Americans with pre-existing conditions and reverse the expansion of junk plans;
- Address racial health disparities among communities of color;
- Provide funding to increase health care enrollment and educate individuals of their health care rights; and
- Expand Medicaid coverage for 4.8 million Americans.
While the President and Republicans in Congress attempt to dismantle the Affordable Care Act, take away health care from 23 million Americans, and end protections for 130 million Americans with pre-existing conditions in the middle of a pandemic, Democrats are fighting to expand coverage and lower costs.
I look forward to the House passing this critical legislation today, and I urge my colleagues in the Senate to take it up without delay. As COVID-19 wreaks havoc on our communities, I will continue to work with my colleagues to ensure all Marylanders have access to affordable care.
As always, I encourage all Fifth District residents to continue to share their concerns and insights with me by contacting my office or connecting with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. If you need assistance with a federal agency, please click here.
Steny H. Hoyer