A MESSAGE FROM CONGRESSMAN STENY H. HOYER
Yesterday, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 2, the Moving Forward Act, comprehensive legislation to rebuild our nation's infrastructure systems. I was pleased to bring this important bill to the House Floor and ensure its passage.
The Moving Forward Act makes investments in programs that will help families in Maryland:
- Reauthorizes WMATA projects and provides a dedicated budget for the WMATA Inspector General to perform important oversight;
- Reauthorizes the EPA's Chesapeake Bay Program and includes funding to protect the health of the Bay;
- Authorizes $3 billion in funding to protect our coastal economy through coastal resiliency programs;
- Provides $1.7 billion in zero-emission bus grants; and
- Institutes a grant program to prohibit racial profiling by highway law enforcement.
House Democrats' infrastructure legislation will rebuild our infrastructure systems to 21st century standards, create new jobs, expand affordable broadband internet, ensure our communities have access to clean water, and expand access to affordable housing. I'm pleased the House passed H.R. 2 yesterday with bipartisan support.
Both parties agree that we must make significant investments in our infrastructure systems. I urge my Republican colleagues in the Senate to take up the Moving Forward Act and work with Democrats to move our nation forward.
As always, I encourage all Fifth District residents to continue to share their concerns and insights with me by contacting my office or connecting with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. If you need assistance with a federal agency, please click here.
Steny H. Hoyer